Pets generally come with powerful and strong mental health benefits. Here is how caring for the cat or dog will help you to cope with anxiety, depression, or stress.
Most of the pet owners are quite clear about immediate joys, which come in sharing the lives with the companion animals. But, most of us stay totally unaware of physical or mental health benefits, which will accompany pleasure to snuggle up to the furry friend. It is recently that the studies have started to scientifically explore benefits of human-animal bond. The pets have evolved in becoming attuned to humans as well as our emotions and behavior. Dogs can know many words that we use; however, they are better in interpreting our voice tone, gestures and body language. Like good human friend, loyal dog can look in your eyes just to check your emotional state as well as try to know what you are thinking or feeling (to work out whenever next walk and treat may come).
Pets, particularly cats and dogs, will reduce anxiety, stress, or depression, ease encourage exercise, loneliness, or playfulness, and improve the cardiovascular health. To care for animal will help the children to grow up secure as well as active. The pets provide the valuable companionship for the older adults. Maybe very importantly, pet will add some real joy or unconditional love in your life.
Research has found that:
- People with the pets have the lower blood pressure at stressful situations than one without any pets. The study also found that whenever people with the borderline hypertension have adopted dogs from the shelter, blood pressure declined within 5 months.
- The pet owners are very less possible to suffer from the depression than one without pets.
- Pet owners have the lower triglyceride or cholesterol levels than one without pets.
- Playing with cat or dog will elevate levels of dopamine and serotonin that relax and calm.
- The pet owners above age of 65 make 30% fewer visits to the doctors than one without any pets.
- Whereas people with the pets experience greatest health benefits, pet does not necessarily need to be a cat or dog. Watching fish in aquarium will help to reduce the muscle tension as well as lower down the pulse rate.
- The heart attack patients having pets survive much longer than one without.
The reasons for the therapeutic effects is pets fulfill basic human requirement for touch. Hardened criminals in the prison show the long-term changes to their behavior just after interacting with the pets, and many experience the mutual affection for first time. Hugging, stroking, and touching the loving animal will fast soothe and calm you when you are stressed and anxious.